VPNs let you access blocked content and websites, like Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube, and give you the freedom to access your favorite programs and websites from anywhere around the world. Unfortunately not all VPNs work as advertised, and not all VPNs are blocked in the same countries. If you’re using DotVPN to access blocked sites in your country, but for one reason or another, it isn’t working, then you are not alone. We are going to look at 7 easy solutions to your problem.
If you’re using the free version of DotVPN, you will need to register with and use a valid email address to get an account. While this is still a secure and anonymous way to browse the web, it is not as untraceable as the premium version which is hosted in countries without any data retention laws.
Whether you want to play Pokemon Go in China or watch Netflix in the US, you will need to find a VPN. Thankfully, there are hundreds of VPN providers out there. And, while some of them are good, many are not. Picking the right VPN provider for you can be a daunting task for a beginner, which is why this guide is here to help.
Diane Serban VPN expert and privacy advocate
- If you are one of those users who claims that their DotVPN is not working, then it is likely that your Wi-FI network has blocked your connections through VPN services.
- The first solution is to contact your internet service provider and ask them to remove these restrictions.
- If you are sure there are no such restrictions, check your internet connection.
- Try adjusting your DNS settings or disabling proxy servers for your local network, and if DotVPN still doesn’t work, install a reliable VPN by following our steps below.
The Chrome extension protects the browser connection on your device, but if DotVPN doesn’t work, you’re at high risk of cybercrime. Many users have issues with Chrome, as Google’s browser sometimes fails to work when paired with a VPN. If you’re having problems with DotVPN, check out the solutions we’ve provided below.
What do I do if DotVPN does not work?
1. Checking internet connection
- Click on the login icon in the taskbar.
- Select the Show connection settings link from the drop-down list.
- In the Network pop-up window, verify that the status is shown as Connected.
2. Configuring a trusted VPN
To avoid problems with Google Chrome or your DotVPN, it’s best to choose the best, most reliable solution. For example, PIA is a robust VPN client, ideal for integration with Chrome. Private Internet Access (PIA) is developed by Kape Technologies and is one of the fastest VPN applications. It should be noted that their encryption technology is among the best, so even your ISP will not know your intentions. It will definitely improve your browsing experience and you won’t face those annoying Chrome issues anymore. What PIA suggests:
- More than 3,200 servers in 46 countries
- Use a private or customized DNS to protect privacy
- Automatically connect to the nearest VPN server
- Lack of traffic protocols
- One subscription supports 10 devices
- Simple configuration
- non-registration policy
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Zero delay
Private Internet access
Trade DotVPN for a better option and try Private Internet Access VPN service today!
3. Remove data from Chrome browser
- Open Google Chrome on your computer.
- Click More in the right corner of the address bar.
- Click History – Clear Browsing Data.
- On the History page, click the Clear Browsing Data option.
- Select the time interval. To clear the entire browsing history, select All times.
- Check the boxes for browser history, cookies and other website data, and cached images and files.
- Click on Clear Data.
4. Changing DNS settings
- on the taskbar, and then right-click on the Connection icon.
- Click Network and Sharing Center and select Edit Adapter Settings.
- Find your network connection, right-click on it and open Properties.
- Select Internet Protocol version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and enter the properties.
- In the Properties tab, click the Use the following DNS server addresses radio button.
- Go to Preferred DNS Server and set it to 22.214.171.124.
- Go to the alternative DNS server and enter 126.96.36.199.
- Press OK to adjust the settings.
5. Allow Google Chrome in Windows Defender Firewall
- Click on the Start icon in the taskbar and type firewall.
- In the Windows Firewall window, click the Allow an application or feature through Windows Firewall option.
6. Disable proxy servers for your local network
- Press Windows + R to open the Run dialog box.
- Type inetcpl.cpl and press Enter to open the Internet Properties.
- On the Connection tab, click Local Area Network Settings.
- Uncheck the Use a proxy server for your local network option and make sure the Automatically detect settings option is checked.
- Click the OK and Apply buttons.
- Restart your computer.
7. Disable firewall
- Click the Start icon on the taskbar.
- Type Firewall and select Windows Firewall from the results.
- On the left side of the screen, select Allow an application or feature through the Windows Defender Firewall, as shown in the figure below:
- Find SoftEther VPN in the list and check that all connections (incoming and outgoing) are allowed.
- Save the settings and check that the error has been corrected.
In conclusion, if you have noticed that your DotVPN is not working, your device should not be vulnerable to cyber attacks, so try to fix the problem by applying one of the solutions suggested above. If the problem persists, please send a request to the DotVPN Contact Center. If you have an alternative solution that we haven’t listed, or if you have a question about the solutions we’ve listed, feel free to share it with us in the comments below. Not enough details. It’s hard to understand Other Contact an expert Take part in the discussionVPNs are a great tool for securing your personal information and data. As an extra layer of security, VPNs create a tunnel between you and the Wi-Fi router you are connected to. And while it’s easy to assume that the service you are using is safe and secure, sometimes that’s not the case. (For example, some VPNs are provided for free by certain companies or by the government, which makes you wonder how secure they really are.) The best way to know if the VPN you are using is safe and secure, is to do some research. The internet is full of information, and you can start by reading the VPN reviews posted here. The goal of the activity is to provide students. Read more about nordvpn and let us know what you think.
dotvpn chrome extensionprotonvpnhotspot shieldnordvpntunnelbearis dotvpn safe,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,dotvpn chrome extension,protonvpn,hotspot shield,nordvpn,tunnelbear,is dotvpn safe,is dotvpn safe reddit,zenmate vpn